Saturday, November 12, 2005

Bad Evening

Well, I had a terrible evening. Firstly, I learned that Arrested Development is apparently going to bite the bullet after this season. From AP:

It looks like curtains, too, for Fox's comedy "Arrested Development," which never translated its Emmy Award and critical raves into a broader popularity.

Fox didn't announce the end of the show, but said it wouldn't order a full season's worth of 22 episodes. Barring a miraculous turnaround, that usually means a series is kaput.

Despite Emmys, guest stars and critical acclaim, the ratings are even lower this season than last and I know Fox was hesitant to order a third season, so I’m not optimistic of any surprising change of events. I do not get how people not only don’t watch the show, but how others watch it and don’t like. Maybe it’s an acquired sense of humour, but everyone in my house loves it and so do a ton of people I know.

I am dead tired (I’ve been up for 21 hours following 3 hours of sleep) so I won't go into the full details, but I came extremely close today to being beaten up by violent drunken racist homophobes. It was kind of frightening how quickly things escalated (and then luckily calmed down because of the two sober guys in the group pushing the others outside) and how one wrong move could have landed the two of us in the hospital. Events like this remind me how much I hate a significant number of university students and of how little faith I have in a lot of humanity. We’re all okay, but considering how we did literally nothing and got things thrown at us, it makes you wonder what would have happened if I hadn’t been able to stop myself from making a smartass remark.

3 Comments:

At November 12, 2005 at 9:43 a.m., Blogger SH said...

Well, do elaborate...

 
At November 12, 2005 at 10:43 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with the request for elaboration.

To borrow a phrase from you, Fox's decision is balls.

 
At November 13, 2005 at 1:06 a.m., Blogger Thomas said...

I'll elabortate the story soon. It wasn't terrible, but to be eating a meal and then be accosted out of nowhere is startling.

The news is worse than I thought. Arrested only has 13 episodes this year, instead of 22. It's done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home